Thursday, August 28, 2014

Our Story: Part 2


The first guy I was matched with looked like a great guy. His profile matched everything that I wanted in a husband. Everything I had been praying for. So initially I was pretty excited. He sent me a basic message and I responded, and then nothing. For months there was no message, no response from him. I was discouraged because I honestly felt like he was the one. Crazy I know but God continued to work in my heart, I continued to pray for whoever God had for me. I talked to other matches, actually talking to them but never feeling the way I did about my first match and I hadn't even talked to him. Then September rolled around. I was pretty discouraged because there wasn't much time left in the year.God said this was the year but, I started to think maybe this wasn't the year. Doubts poured in.Frustration took control. I had to constantly pour out my heart to God, giving Him control over this and every area of my life. Then, about the middle of September, my first match and I started talking. This is what I had been waiting for all those months. At first, it was just through email, then on the phone. That first phone call, I was so nervous. All I could think was,"what if the conversation didn't go well ?, what if we didn't hit it off ?" If it didn't go well then I wasn't sure what to do because I still felt like God was telling me this was the one. Our first phone call lasted about an hour.It was a wonderful conversation. That was in the beginning of October. We wouldn't actually meet face to face until October 27th.

Until next time...

In Christ, Sarah

Scripture I find comfort in:

Proverbs 3:4&5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment