Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I'm quitting my job

After 10 years as a server at Olive Garden, I will no longer be in the restaurant business. I have different emotions concerning my resignation. First, I am super excited. For the longest time, I have wanted to be a stay-at-home wife, supporting my husband from the home,daily serving our family in that role. Yes, you can support your family and have a job outside the home. However, that's not me.That's not who God made me to be. People ask me what I do with my time at home well I love to cook and bake, keep a tidy home, and make things for our home. I love being a keeper of the home. I find it such a blessing to keep our home and to make a peaceful home life for my husband. The second emotion I have about quitting is that i'm sad. Even though I've wanted to quit for quite some time, it's going to be a sad goodbye. I have been in the restaurant industry since I was 18 years old. That is a very long time. I enjoy serving, well most of the time. So leaving will be bittersweet. God is leading us in a new direction and we are so excited to follow His will for our lives. So I now put Olive Garden in the past and look to the future.  I want to leave you with a few scriptures that I have found comfort in.
In Christ, Sarah

Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Psalm 20:4
May He grant you according to your heart's desire and fulfill all your purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment