Friday, September 26, 2014

New Beginnings

I have always wanted to live in the country. I am a country girl born in the city. I have lived in Arizona almost all my life. When I was five, my family lived in Iowa for a short time and I absolutely loved it. I can remember almost every detail of the farm, from the tractor my grandpa had, to the wood stove, to the 80 acres of soybeans. I think that is where this city girl fell in love with the country. There is no doubt about it... I was not cut out to live in the city. Being surrounded by buildings and cars, being able to reach out your window and touch the neighbors fence (well maybe they aren't that close, but you know what I mean) just isn't for me. I love horses and chickens, and have always wanted a dairy cow and acres upon acres to to raise my family on. Yes, Arizona has land for sale, but not what I love, which is pasture land. Northern Arizona even has a little snow, which I love, but I have always felt in my heart that I would not live here forever. I know now why I have always felt that way. Where am I going with all of this you might ask? Well, my husband put in for a transfer back in November, and the Lord has opened the door to exactly where we want to be.

So...

We are moving to Washington State. My husband's transfer went through. So, tomorrow, we will be moving to Washington. My husband is from Washington and longed to return. We prayed for the Lord to open doors to return there and He did. We will miss Arizona very much. It's where we met, fell in love, and got married. It's where we spent our first year of marriage. It's where my side of the family is. We will miss our friends and family, but we are excited to see what God has in store for us in Washington.



In Christ, Sarah


Next time... Moving day

No comments:

Post a Comment